Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Reflections, Goals and My Potty Mouth

    
     Well hello friends! I just celebrated another trip around the sun last Sunday. What a hell of a year it was. I had thought for a very long time that being 33 would kill me. It's a long story about a weird superstition for me personally. Anyway... I had a fantastic weekend with friends and my kids. Saturday night started out great, then it ended in a 5 star shit show, but overall, not the worst night out I've ever had! I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad one, ha ha, I will have to stick a pin in that and get back to you. So I am 34 now and looking forward to a fun year! I have already signed up for a bubble run in August, I will be playing mud volleyball, as usual, in April, I plan on walking Bloomsday again this year in May, and I will be signing up for the Dirty Dash in July! WHEW! Fun year! I plan on continuing to make new friends and new connections in the real world. No more online dating nightmares for me, not this year. I will continue to keep you all in the loop with my never ending disastrous love life, I am glad I have a sense of humor about it. Fuck, if I didn't laugh about it, I would surely be locked up in the looney bin, getting the good drugs through an IV right about now. So this year is all about fun and putting myself out in the real world.

     It's really crazy for me to think that it has been nearly 4 years since my life took a drastic change. It's not one I had ever planned on, and certainly didn't want for myself. Yet, I have also realized that in these years, I have learned so much about myself, and what I want out of life. I stopped living for someone else and started living for ME. I have goals this year, I hope that I can meet them. I have had the same goals for the last 3 years and I am more determined than ever to make at least one of them happen! My house... It is absolutely, without question, number one on my list of things to do before I turn 35. I had hoped that I could go back to school this year, and depending on my job situation and my living situation, that may still happen. I oddly enough, do not have a goal for a relationship this year. I feel that if one happens, then great, if not, then great. I have things to do and a life to live, I am only looking to be a better person this year than I was last year. I'm not going to stop saying fuck though, I might actually die if I can't say fuck, or any derivative of the word fuck. I can still be a good person who says fuck a lot.

     So as I sit here wondering what the next chapter of my life is going to look like, I am also pondering random things, as I tend to do. If you know me well, you know I spout off on random thoughts all the time. They roll around in my head until they decide to pop out of my mouth. Tonight I am wondering why I don't get hit on by men my own age. The ones that say something to me are all much older than I am, and not by a few years, I'm talking 15 to 20 years older. These men are old enough to be my father, and they are sleazy. They aren't like the dapper, handsome, older men that you read about in novels or see on TV. No, they are gross, and smelly, and spend their afternoons sitting in the bar soaking their liver in Bourbon. I have no idea what they think they will accomplish in asking me out, I am not a bar fly, I'm not a methed out tramp, and I think that I present myself well, not like the easy sluts you would see going home with men like this. So my only thought is that perhaps they are too drunk to care, or they think that if they ask out enough women like me, eventually they will win the lottery and take home a decent woman. Which, in due time, they will slowly break down and destroy, because that is all they know how to do. Men like this have one setting, self destruct. The downfall of that setting in humans, is that typically anyone who tries to get close to them is damaged by it. So, not only am I NOT interested, I am running, not walking, the opposite direction from that nightmare. That is not something I need in my life. I already have my own shit show, thanks. Why don't you try online dating Pops, there are Plenty Of Fish in the sea.

     Well I believe I am out of random thoughts for this evening. Until next time my friends.



        

No comments:

Post a Comment